Play Away Totton
43 High Street
Monday – Friday: 08.00 – 18.00
Breakfast Club: 07.30 – 08.00 (£8)
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located on the High Street in Totton, behind the train station which is a 3 minute walk to us.
The nursery is situated close to local businesses and has its own car park for easy drop off and pick up.
Play Away Totton
Totton Day Nursery, rated Good by Ofsted (August 2019), is a purpose-built setting where the rooms are spacious with large feature windows. The beautiful playrooms are flooded with natural light and there are plenty of resources for the children.
At Play Away we believe that every stage of childhood should be celebrated, and children are moved into the next group when they are developmentally ready to take their next step. We always ensure there is a supportive transition plan in place so that each child remains settled and happy. We offer lots of sensory play, time to imagine, and grow through social skills and development.
The nursery has imaginatively designed outdoor spaces which enable all our children to feel inspired as they become adventurous explorers, budding athletes or green-fingered gardeners to name but a few. There are also peaceful areas which provide space for children to enjoy some quiet time with their friends. Every day is an ‘outdoor day’ at Play Away and our garden features large, colourful sails which provide areas of all-weather protection throughout the year.
All children are allocated a keyperson when joining the nursery who oversees their care and develops a tender and trusting relationship with your child. Your keyworker will also work closely with you, maintaining regular and open communication, giving you the confidence and peace of mind knowing that your little one is being well cared for.
Breakfast Club is available from 7.30am – 8.00am to all children should you need to drop your child off earlier. We are able to take flexible bookings, subject to availability.
Totton Day Nursery Tour
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Play Away Day Nurseries
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- For our 16 month to 2 year olds we have our climbing tower which helps to promote hand and eye coordination, physical movement, and balance and we focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises.
- Our toddler room is where our toddlers can thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s fine motor skills and our climbing tower encourages children to discover, experiment and explore their environment within a safe space
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take part in local events and support local charities.
- Our preschool rooms support ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our children have access into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 16th March, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.